“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure…”
Taking the extra time to prepare all your valuables will ensure a hassle free experience after arrival. Here are some tips to help speed things up:
- Soft packing materials protect polished surfaces
- Padded kraft paper covers exterior of piece
- Boxed in cardboard for stronger support where needed
- Fragile items are crated, as necessary.
Small fragile items
- From glassware to china, large or small, each item is individually wrapped, cushioned and carefully boxed prior to shipment.
Large fragile items
- Tissue and corrugated bubble wrap for added protection
- Contour packing allows for safer handling and space-efficient loading
- Custom crating provides maximum protection where needed.
- Laydown cartons keep clothes flat and saves space
- Upright wardrobes let coats and suits remain hanging in transit
- Tissue paper between layers of clothing
- Items should be clean and dry prior to packing.
- Sensitive electronic items such as televisions are protected by using non-static cushioning materials that provide protection in transit.
- Always custom-packed
- Grand pianos are disassembled for transit
- Extra care is taken to accommodate heavy weight and delicate inner mechanism
- Note: pianos should be tuned two weeks after delivery.
- Always rolled, not folded (length permitting)
- Wrapped with porous material to allow rugs to breathe
- Desiccant packets are used to keep carpets moisture-free
- Note: rugs should be clean and dry prior to packing.
- Packing is customized for items with delicate and irregular structures
- Items are padded and reinforced to protect vulnerable areas
- Crates are made to measure and used for select items that are fragile, extremely heavy or of high value.
- Automobiles are securely braced into steel containers
- Motorcycles are transported in custom-built crates
- Batteries are disconnected and fuel tanks are drained, according to regulations.
- Specialized door-to-door service
- Quick transport minimizes stress to animal
- Knowledge of quarantine and customs in each country ensures an easier transition for both pet and family.